Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
TEAM DRESCH // THE BUTCHIES
Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM - Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM (EDT)
** IMPORTANT **
We will be releasing 250 tickets online, in case of a rain situation. So far our plan is to have this inside if we cancel due to rain, but that might change. If you want to guarantee a slot please buy a ticket now. But don't worry. It won't rain. Will it.
These reunions happen rarely, separately. But this is an anomaly that they are happening together, and in DURHAM?!?! yessss.
Initially active between 1993 – 1998, but later reforming from 2004 - present, Team Dresch are from Portland, Oregon, USA. This riot grrrl punk band made a significant impression on the DIY queercore movement with all the band members being open lesbians. Revolutionary stuff!
Washington Post writer Chris Richards called their debut album, 1995's Personal Best, "a fiery, all-but-forgotten punk masterpiece."
Comprised of 2/3rds of Team Dresch, The Butchies (who rocked our Pride party last year) couldn't help but play again!
Here's the article for last year.
When & Where
The Pinhook has become Durham’s premiere venue for live music, excellent DJ’s, basic chilling, and collaborative creative events. Here’s what we got:
- Weekends of Musical Mayhem- featuring the best bands from The Triangle, North Carolina, and well beyond.
- Weeknight Monthlies like Open Mics, Open Jams, Karaoke, Trivia, and DJ sets.
- THE GREATEST BAR STAFF IN THE UNIVERSE!
- Pool, Tekken, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Backgammon, Scrabble, etc. (and people with whom to play these games)
- CHEAP. DRINKS. $3 Tallboys, $2 PBR, $1.50 Schlitz, $4 Well Drinks Monday-Wednesday.
- Nightly specials – the perfect way to make cheap drinks even cheaper.
- A PATIO OUT BACK! OUR PATIO IS SO AWESOME. I LOVE YOU, PATIO.
But the most important thing we have is YOU. The Pinhook is YOUR place. We believe that communities thrive when there is a public place for their citizens to be themselves, whether on stage or on a barstool, relaxing or rocking out. For Durham and the Triangle, the Pinhook is that place.
You gotta make your own fun in life, but we’re here to help.